• Basic design of Electrical Rotating Machines
• What is Condition Based Maintenance or CBM?
• On-line Monitoring tools for machines:
– Stator winding partial discharge
– Stator endwinding vibration
– Rotor winding shorted turns detection using magnetic flux
– Shaft ground brush voltage and current
• GuardII+ an integrated on-line monitor to implement machine winding CBM
Dr. Greg Stone was one of the developers of on-line partial discharge test methods to evaluate the condition of the high voltage insulation in stator windings. From 1975 to 1990 he was a Dielectrics Engineer with Ontario Hydro, a large Canadian power generation company. Since 1990, Dr. Stone has been employed at Iris Power L.P. in Toronto Canada, a motor and generator condition monitoring company he helped to form. Iris is now owned by Qualitrol Corp. He has published two books on motor and generator winding maintenance and authored more than 200 papers concerned with rotating machine windings. Since 1980 he has also been active in creating and updating many IEEE and IEC standards. Greg Stone has a PhD in Electrical Engineering, and is a Fellow of the IEEE. He has won numerous awards from the IEC, Cigre and IEEE for his technical contributions.
This Resource Library is designed to provide current, relevant resources that provide technical knowledge and practical solutions for owners and operators of rotating machines. We encourage you to use the search feature and filters to locate specific resources of interest.
Articles, Technical Papers, & Case StudiesBROWSE OUR RESOURCE LIBRARY
Hands-on, practical experience
The objective of this Partial Discharge Seminar is to understand basic PD theory as well as the basics of stator…BROWSE OUR COURSES