- Partial discharge phenomena and their causes in stator windings
- PD theory, PD detection, sensor installation, and calibration procedures
- Collection of off-line and on-line PD data
- PD characteristics of stator-failure mechanisms
- Case studies from continuous monitoring equipment and portable instruments
Instructor: Howard Sedding
Dr. Howard Sedding graduated with a BSc in electrical and electronic engineering at the University of Strathclyde and then acquired MSc and PhD degrees. His PhD Thesis was on the degradation of epoxy mica insulation used in rotating machines.