- Several online techniques and test methods have been established for rotor
and stator winding condition monitoring and assessment.
- End-users always prefer an online monitoring technique as no outage is needed
- The key benefit of online testing is to assess condition under real stresses (thermal, mechanical, environmental, and electrical), while they are present.
- Reliable assessment of machines will certainly help to plan outages or downtime more effectively.
- Various on-line condition assessment methods for motors and generators have been discussed along with case studies to help in preventing unplanned shutdown and production losses.